I am looking for mallard and wood duck eggs

Call me!! I really would love to have babies or juveniles my name is April I live in Winnfield louisiana 1-318-471-0544

Be careful, hun...you might wanna put the kibosh on posting your phone number in a public forum. ;) BYC is a pretty trustworthy community, but it's also the most googled for chicken and duck issues, so you never know who may be out there!

Also, I know you don't need a permit to just own a migratory wild-type duck, but you do need one to sell or trade them. So that's food for thought. :/

Last edited:
Appreciate the advise.. Just signed up today wasent really sure how it worked. Thank you I have a perment just gotta find the duck lol

Appreciate the advise.. Just signed up today wasent really sure how it worked. Thank you I have a perment just gotta find the duck lol

Look at you, all awesome and prepared! <3 I'm kinda jealous, I adore wood ducks. They're so cute and chirpy! But there's no way I'd pass to get a permit. I don't have a backyard and all I got is my house duck. :p

I have a live in male wood duck named padro and about 20 diff ducks and 23 chickens 3 turkeys 6 guineas and 1 pigeon lol I have a farm

Wood ducks are very different to raise than mallards. The best way is to start woodies ducklings with mallard duckling to get the woodies to start eating, that and offering live food. They'll climb out of any brooder without a secure top, and find any hole to escape. I am unaware of anyone reliable who sells wood duck eggs because they are more delicate than mallard eggs to hatch. I raise wood ducks and have for years. I'm in Lafayette.

Clint

Is there a reliable place online or locally here in Louisiana. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.  Right now I have mallard ducks and I was womdering if wood ducks were a harder breed to care for. I have read many articles, but I am looking for personal experiences. 
my buddy has a pair of wood ducks mallards are more social but the Woody's do not give him a problem at all.

Back
Top Bottom