I am new at this

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by christmaschicken, Dec 10, 2008.

1. christmaschicken

christmaschicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    Christmas, Florida
    I want to start trying to incubate some eggs, I do not even no where to start, I do not want to spend a fortune either any ideas?

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Maybe make your own incubator (see Ms Prissy's website/page). You could also ask forum members to allow you to be a "test hatcher" of their eggs. Just some quick ideas. [​IMG]

3. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Quote:You are starting in the right place, here. Before you go any further, hit the books. Read everything you can on incubation and then read it agian. While you are doing that you can make a bator. A home made incubator is better in most cases than a store bought one. You should be able to do this for less than $50.00. Don't go buying any fancy eggs until you after atleast 6 hatches of better than 80% hatch rate. You don't want to kill any more than you have to. Have no fear for you will kill your share before you get it right, we all have. Have fun doing the bator thing with your family. Bring people together is what hatching is all about.

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    My father spends winters in FL and he drives to Christmas FL to mail our christmas cards so the postmark says christmas [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by