1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am new here, but here is some of my family

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by silkiebeginer, Aug 12, 2007.

1. silkiebeginer

silkiebeginer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    This is my 2 sons, Randy and Ruberneck

Hope to get to know all of you, i have been posting on the incubating and hatching board.

Jennifer

2. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Cute. I was thinking poor kid, she named her son rubberneck. [​IMG]

3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG]
    Good thing I saw the video first, otherwise I would have been thinking the same thing!

4. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    Welcome - What cuties...
    I am sorta new, at least here.
    I am from the other BYC Board.
    Its been kinda hard to make the switch over here,
    but alot have so thought I would give it a try.
    HOPE I DON'T GET HOMESICK!

5. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    [​IMG]

I saw the video earlier - Too Cute for words...

Welcome to BYC!

6. silkiebeginer

Jul 31, 2007
    I do by the way have other family,lol. A husband, 2 human daughters 13 and 3 and my son who is 6. We have 3 adult white silkies 2 girls and a guy. I just hatched 18 out of 20 in the bator and my older hen has 8 white silkie babies of her own and 2 game babies I stuck under her to get her laying. 2 other silkie babies didn't make it. My bator babies are all feather legged but not sre what all breeds yet. I had bought the feather legged assortment of fertile eggs from Meyer Hatchery. I live in KY am 29 years old and thats about all i can think of,lol. But that should have te basics covered.

Jennifer

7. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:You sound like a very busy girl. That's a lot of babies. [​IMG]

8. silkiebeginer

Jul 31, 2007
    Yep, lots of babies. But I won't be keeping but a handfull. As soons as i know whats what and whos a hen and whos a roo i will sell or give away most. You really don't see many feather legged chicks around here so i won't have any trouble getting rid of some. Mostly here you will just find white silkies. Luckily i ended up with 2 buff and 2 blue and 1 black in my bunch. But the chance of there being 1 hen and 1 roo is slim to none. Nice talking to you all.

Jennifer

9. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    That video was so darned cute!!! I loved it when he went to sleep on the teddy bear. I can't believe he just laid there when your son shook that "chicken blanket". What an awesome little team. [​IMG]

10. silkiebeginer

Jul 31, 2007
    Thanks to all who are supporting my son. He thinks this is the greatest thing since chocolate milk.

Jennifer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by