I am new to backyard chickens

ChickenPollo

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 30, 2014
Madrid/Dubai
Hello. I have recently started with chickens and that is why I joined backyard chickens. I have many doubts about my chickens and would like to solve them. My most important question is about the breed of my chickens. I thought it would be a fun idea to have chickens and it is, but how do I know what breed my chickens are? All I know is that they are probably Spanish chickens because I got them in Spain. I would at least like to know what the most common chicken in Spain is and if my chickens belong to that breed. Thanks!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I don't know which is the most common breed in Spain, but Andalusians and White Faced Black Spanish are both popular breeds there. If you will post some pics of your chickens (full body profile showing heads, legs, and tails), we can probably identify the breed for you. Also, you can post them on our What Breed or Gender is This? section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this and let our experts there have a look at them. Without a picture, it is impossible to say for sure what breed you have. It is like shooting in the dark. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Thank you very much. Here is a picture just in case.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Nice flock! Get some pics of the faces and closer up. It is hard to tell as they are looking down what breed the black ones are. Could be a couple different breeds.

Enjoy your lovely birds and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom