I am new to keeping chicks, and unfortunately that has shown.

Welcome to BYC, I wish the circumstances of joining were happier ones.

Sorry for the losses you've had. The other greeters have made some good suggestions about your set up.

If you want some ER help with your Silkie, you can post questions about caring for her here:
Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures

Best of luck!

N F C, Thank you, Other greeters as well. My silkie seems to be doing good. She's definitely a lot more lively. Feathers are drying off nicely and she's beginning to stretch her wings. She also responds to noises too. She hasn't began to moved around much, still lieing down. But I think she'll make. She's a tough lil chick.

How horrible:hugs Netting may keep out raptors but nothing else. Please do post on the predator threads and see what other advice they have to give you. Everything loves to eat chicken- it can be a full time job preventing that. So very sorry.

IMG_1570.JPG
Happy to say the silkie is alive and well, although still alittle wet. She's showing no signs of distress from what I can tell. I've moved the other two inside, out of the weather for tonight Just to be sure every is okay. I've attached a picture of the 3.

Back
Top Bottom