Maryland
barnie.gif
i am NOT a summer person

the only reason i look forward to summer is for 2 reasons

1) my birthday is in August

&

2) Fishing i am a BIG fishermen

other than that i hate summer lol

i LOVE winter and fall and spring because i love the cold and cool content weather

when it's 85 degrees or higher i can't go out side because my asthma does not work with heat if i am in any heat higher than 85 i will have a asthma attack in a heart beat so i normally get out side in the early mornings and late evenings in the summer time when it is not as hot

and yesterday was 90 here and they said it might hit 90 again today!
barnie.gif

if it hits 90 again today this will be our first heat wave of 2009 IN APRIL!!!
th.gif

It has been hot here too. I've been so worried about my broody and the rest of the chooks. My son and husband both have asthma, but the heat doesn't seem to trigger their attacks, thank heavens! They are both huge outdoors people and would be so sad to have to stay indoors, especially during the summer. Sorry you have that problem.

Hee hee, we are opposites! I can't function with temps lower than 70. I'm sorry that your asthma gives you trouble. I hope that you will not suffer too much. Make sure you can get out there this morning and then relax for the rest of the day. Good luck!

Same here i was so worried about my animals yesterday in this heat so early in the year

and i know i am glad the heat doesn't effect there asthma like it does mine i hate it
hmm.png

today since it's gonna hit 90 i just plan to stay indoors and stay cool

i am a HUGE outdoors person to and it sucks knowing i have to wait out days for when it's cool
barnie.gif

Quote:
oh i did
smile.png

it was so nice this morning and cool i went out for about an hour
smile.png

good luck to ya you heat lover you!
gig.gif

Are you on any kind of preventative asthma medicine? My son takes a steroid inhaler once a day and it has made a big difference for him and his asthma. If you are not on anything now, I'd talk to your doctor about it. There are so many preventative medications available now for asthma, they should be able to find one that would work for you.

Just a thought.
smile.png

Actually, it's the high humidity coupled with the heat that's hard on your animals. Mine made it through a number of 115 degree days last year.

I lived in Milwaukee for four years going to dental school. I LOVED the wonderful folks that lived in Wisconsin, but I'll take Phoenix any day over sub zero temps for weeks one end.

I cut broccoli out of my garden and cooked it for the family yesterday. YUM!!

that's the thing with us over here on the east coast, HUMIDITY SUCKS!! it makes the temp feel so much hotter than it actually is, and if it's over 90 I won't stay outside long unless I am near a body of water. we worked the garden yesterday and had to stop at 11:30 and started back at 6pm. we all stayed so thirsty and I got a little dizzy. I just don't drink enough water to be sweating that much. I like when its between 65-75, it's just right weather

Quote:
Good Point
smile.png

i do take a steroid inhaler once a day plus i have a asthma machine that i use .. i had to use that the other day because the pollen level here is outrageous .. al lthe cars are yellowish lol

the asthma meds i am on now work but not strong enough so i do plan to talk to my doctor when i see him this week
smile.png
maybe we can talk more about different meds that are out there that can maybe help me more i am sure there is

thanks!
hugs.gif

I agree with you, I HATE the summer. I can't stand hot weather. I've been asked, well why do you live in Florida. The answer is this, I was born and raised here, don't really know anything else. People think you get used to the heat and humidity, not me, never have liked real hot weather. Yes, it does affect your asthma, mine flares up in the hot, humid weather as well.
But like Mohonri said, I think I'd take this heat, IF I had to live in sub zero weather. Now, that would not be nice at all. I guess what I'm saying is, we should be thankful for what we have, huh?
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom