I am not new to this just no luck!

mullers3acers

Songster
12 Years
Oct 9, 2007
la porte, In
I need the 101 on incubating because i have tried many times and have failed. What should the temp be and the humity percent be? I have all the thermoters. Just want one good hatch. Because I think if this hatch doesn't happen I may give up. Do's and don'ts to do in the beginning and the end of incubating? Please help! Really don't want to give up just frustrated.

There is a "sticky" at the top of the list of posts under the Incubating & Hatching Eggs category that has links to lots of great tips and troubleshooting for incubation... maybe that will help? I hope that you give it another try, sure is great to see a bunch of fuzzy butts hatch!

Oh.. it is called "Read Me's on Hatching"... good luck!

Last edited:
Have you gone to the learning center and read up on hatching?

Depends on your type of Incubator as to what the temps should be.

Still Air incubators - 101 to 102 range nothing higher.

Forced air - 99.8 to 100

Humidity level ranges 1st 18 days 40 to 50% I keep mine on the low end of 40% for my house.

Last 3 days 60 to 70% range.

I only candle 3 times day 7, 10 and 18. Candling in the first week of incubation can ruin hatches, thats when they really need to rest and grow. I only candle from the Big end down into the egg I think handling too much can make the eggs quitters.

If I hand turn I do it 3 times a day.

Bump your humidity for the last 3 days and no opening the bator. Last thing is Patience!

I also keep a journal and take notes of what my temps and humidity have been for hatches.

Back
Top Bottom