I am not sure if I can do it..................

aurorarose25

Songster
10 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Mesa, Az
Any one know of a butcher place I can take my chickens to, and they can do all the nasty deeds????
th.gif
hit.gif

Look up your city and the word "meat processor" "poultry processor" or "poultry market".

Or put up an ad on craigslist asking for someone to process them for you, you can do it off site (you drive your birds there and they do it, you bring them home) or on-site (mobile processing), where they set up and do it at your place.

Generally paying to have it done, means they're killed, gutted, plucked and neatly wrapped. Ask if they get a salt soak or not, if not PM me and I'll explain the finer points of brining (assumming you are used to market chicken).

Last edited:
Mrs. Glassman :

Oh, would I need to show up & merely dispatch the chicken...or shall I prepare it also?

I tried that once also, but now I'm not so sure with all the extra mouths to feed.....​

There are some people around, but they are few and far between. If you post your location more clearly it would help; there are at least 5 states that have towns named mesa, probably more, too lazy to do a good search.

Back
Top Bottom