I am now a true Texan--aka wierd foods

Yuck. I hate fish, and calf fries taste exactly like fish to me. Every year around here people have huge tailgating parties and eat them . . . it's supposed to be symbolic, since the rival football team is the Longhorns.

The weirdest thing I eat is chicken eggs. Yes, I've eaten eyes, tongue, crawdads, and grasshoppers, but when you really sit down and think about it, eggs trump all those in weirdness, since you're basically eating a period.

I didn't have to move to Texas to eat weird things!! We had fried prairie oysters when I was a kid (same as calf fries
wink.png
) though mom didn't tell us what we were eating until we were much older.
Lived in Chicagoland for 6 years though and I actually tried menudo (sp?) while we were there and I have to say..... NEVER AGAIN.
sickbyc.gif

But I have to say I'm very happy to be back down south where people talk right and I can order biscuits and gravy and get the real thing
droolin.gif
And hot dogs without neon green relish. And steak fingers.......

born in TX grew up in N FL and i have never eaten that part of the anatomy and i hope i am never so hungry that i do EWWWWWWW.

Quote:
I sliced them into approximately 1/2 inch thick medallions. Dipped them in egg/milk then rolled them in the breading (1/2 were done in a half flour/half cornmeal mixture and the other half in a half flour/half breadcrumb mixture). Then, I fried them until they done. I ate some of them ketchup, some with mustard and some with hot sauce. I like them with mustard the best I think. Probably because it reminded me of fried fish.
I plan to pick a pack up regularly now.
lol.png

Quote:
Hey now! Watch it!
tongue.png

I grew up off base in Florida! I wanna be down here were I'm normal and a southern drawl is not considered a sign of ignorance! You didn't get that in Chicago? They had me pegged as a southerner the second I opened my mouth!

Thats funny right there. Calf fries are horrible and I was born and bred here. Brisket is KING in Texas. It is neat to try new things though, huh? Congradulations on becoming a Texan.

Back
Top Bottom