1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am officially an addict (chicken that is)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Lil_Miss_Farmer_Chick, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Lil_Miss_Farmer_Chick

Lil_Miss_Farmer_Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Kalkaska, Michigan
    So I can officially say I am a chicken addict and I am very proficient in chicken math.

I have.....*deep breath*

13 eleven month old chickens
    6 five week old chicks (hatched under silkie mamas)
    22 one week old chicks (Ideal Poultry and TSC)
    26 day old chicks and (hatched in incubator)
    25 day old chicks due tomorrow morning (Townline Hatchery)
    for a grand total of.......*drum roll*
    92 Yay!

Then if that is not staggering enough, I have 36 hatching eggs coming on March 16th.

I'm so happy. Who knew those little bugger could multiply like rabbits.

[​IMG] [​IMG] I just wanted to share my joy!

2. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    i am going to become and addict soon!!! so far i dont have any chickens but by easter i will have some silkie bantams!!!!! They arent here for eggs or meat purpose but just to keep me company since im allergic cats. i already have a dog but she is very old and might go up there to doggie heaven where she will meet her brother!! I chose them because they are docile and so dang cute!!! Srry for this but i just needed to tell someone because my friends think im crazy. but here on byc everyone is normal (to me)

3. Lil_Miss_Farmer_Chick

Lil_Miss_Farmer_Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Kalkaska, Michigan
    Silkies are awesome, I have 3 hens and 1 rooster and we just hatched out 5. They are very sweet, oh so cute, and make the best moms. Chickens help keep me sane. If I'm having a bad day, I go out and visit the chickens and it never fails to bring a smile to my face. [​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Chickens make me happy. Their antics are laughable and heart-warming and their presence, sounds and activity are calming.

5. Egg Rookie 2010

Egg Rookie 2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    I just cant take this kind of peer pressure! (I have 16...well I have 2 more coming...but room for more)

6. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    Quote:don'tcha love chicken math? i have chicks due the sixteenth, too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by