I am ranting a little :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by RickiHupp, Nov 17, 2008.

1. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Okay, most have seen my other posts about the day old chickens I ordered from MPC in October. WELL I have already posted about one of the EE pullets has a horrible crossbeak (I email them and sent a picture, they refunded me [​IMG] ) NOW I think one of my 3 buff orphingtons is a ROO!!

I could very much understand if I had made a big order and one got mixed up but I only ordered 3 of that breed??!! 8 pullets all together!! Thats not a big order and I am upset that my little order of 8 chickens has been messed up not once now, but twice!!

I really liked dealing with MPC and all the babies came healthy and active. I love that part!! It just makes me mad that I have a crossbeak AND now I have a roo. UGHHHHHHHH [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

**EDIT**

Here is my old post of the chickens: you can see the "roos" pink comb in the FIRST picture on Page 3 [​IMG]
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=98208&p=3

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Most hatcheries are only about 90% accurate when sexing chicks. It would not be uncommon to find a roo in an order of 8 pullets. The only way around it would be to only order sexlinks or breeds that can have their sex determined by markings.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I love my feed store. They are 90% hens, and if we get a roo, they take it back and re-home it.

4. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I ordered from mcmurray and got 25 pullets.. I ordered 25 and got 25 one died in shipping and all were girls.. I split the order with a friend.. she got 12 I got 12 .. all hers got eaten by a preditor and one of mine died. by dog hawk something attack.. and I got a few more... but all mine are ladies.. begining to lay now.. [​IMG]

5. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Quote:No not uncommon in an order of the same chickens I agree. But I only ordered 3 buff orphingtons, the other 5 were easter eggers. It just made me mad that out of 3 I still get a roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by