I am ready to admit its a boy! But what about the other one?

Now I have to rehome one of the cockerels.
I am thinking we will keep one of the two. I will have to decide which to give away. I hate the prospect of giving one away, but I simply don't have enough girls for all of them. We 10 girls. I want to get some more pullets - blue astralorps, but am having trouble finding them. Thought about eggs, but I don't want the change of hatching 50/50 boys girls. And I don't want a bachelor pad for the boys. If I could get 10 more girls quickly I would think seriously about keeping all three, but...

One of the cockerels is definitely looking for his own hens now and the his two pullet hatchmates are hanging close by - we will see how point of lay changes things and if Rooster Cogburn claims them at that point.

Pretty sure my mystery australorp is a boy. Kept waiting and waiting and I think I am finally starting to see the saddle feathers (sickle feathers too). He will be 15 weeks on Tues. What do you think @3KillerBs ?

I'm on a smaller screen and can't see the saddles clearly, but that comb and those wattles are screaming BOY!

Back
Top Bottom