I am really hating coons...

Quote:
I'm assuming that when you say 'hunting arrow,' you mean the type with RAZOR BLADE BROADHEADS..

So, uh.. I have a question...

The arrow that may or may not have grazed the raccoon...the one that was fired with a steep upward angle...where did it come down, and -- assuming it didn't strike anybody already -- how can you be assured it's not laying horizontal in someone's back yard a quarter mile away, just waiting for a toddler to step on it and slice their foot open?

Just curious.

Make sure you have a good backstop of tree canopy if your shooting into the air- might be better to leave the coon and set some live traps. Good luck, Keystonepaul

i hate hate HATE raccoons! they took out my best light brahma pullets a few days ago and then night before last, got into the juvenile duck pen and killed ALL of my australian spotted ducks!
i am beside myself!
they are totally taking advantage of the fact that my dog has been in the house for a few days, nonstop. she had puppies yesterday, so it will be a while till she's back on patrol with any regularity.
meanwhile, traps are set and the gun is loaded!

Is this a moderator?

Edited due to illegal content.

Last edited by kstaven (Yesterday 12:34 am)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
I spent 2 years trapping and killing coons, and losing a whole bunch of chickens and ducks in the process. This year I spent $100 to put up an electric fence and haven't had any trouble since (knock on wood).

To make it safer for the birds (and me) during the day, I hooked up a photoelectric cell. Now the fence turns off at dawn and on at dusk.

Kathy, Bellville TX
www.CountryChickens.com, www.PivotalForce.com

Back
Top Bottom