I am so mad at myself.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Omran, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Today i decided to mow the grass so I get th tractor out and started owing, up in he front yard I saw the bird with her nest on the ground so I said I will make sure not to mow there, not to make her move, well she moved and moved and I saw the eggs once so I said ok I know where he eggs are, she moved so many times on me and confused te hell out of me so I drove to look for the eggs and sure enough me like an Idiot cracked the eggs and killed the babys, man I am praying for God to forgive me.
    I swear I feel so bad, I think I broke her heart, next time I will just live the grass to grow like crazy, I am not going to kill baby eggs again.

Omran

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

AWWWW [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Hey things happen sometimes. [​IMG]

3. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    I'm so sorry! [​IMG] I know how you feel. A neighbor decided to cut down a tree just on his side of the property line (so technically half the tree was on out side). No big deal, except a bird had a nest of just hatched babies. I begged that he leave the tree for a couple weeks until the babies fly off. No luck. [​IMG] So we carefully cut the branches the nest was one and moved the ENTIRE section as one unit (branches and all...took 2 or 3 of us to carry it). The nest wasn't disturbed (aside from being moved) and the babies were never touched. Well...the mama bird never came back to her babies and the ants came and killed the babies before we could do anything for them. [​IMG]

4. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    You sure didn't mean to hurt them. So sorry that happened. [​IMG]
    You might try something a friend and I used to do so we could avoid gopher holes when riding horses along a grassy field. We tied little scraps of cloth on short sticks and stuck one in the ground as a "flag" next to each hole. Only problem was gophers would often clear the sticks off their "front porches."
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] aww! i almost feel worse for you because i can tell you will remember it for awhile...where as, the momma will be okay!...she'll lay another clutch and have babies running around soon enough..dont beat yourself up over it! [​IMG] and God knows that you did not do it on purpose...no need to ask forgiveness..[​IMG]

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Awww!! Here's a hug coming your way... [​IMG]

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Omran, so sorry that happened to you.

8. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Thank you guys so much for being so kind to me.
    and God bless you all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by