I am so sad- stupid heat light

wvgal61

Songster
9 Years
Feb 28, 2010
Troutman, nc
hit.gif
hit.gif
my heat lamp fell day before yesterday and landed on one of my new hatchlings. His neck was a little crooked but he was eating and drinking and pecking like the rest. Well this afternoon I noticed he was looking up when he was standing straight. Well it got worse fast. I had to put it down.
hit.gif
I feel so bad
hide.gif
he was only 3 days old:(

I am so sorry for your loss...be proud of yourself that you could recognize that putting him down was the right thing...like the other poster said....things happen...hope you feel better soon
sad.png

I'm so sorry. It's hard when we make mistakes and it costs them. Believe me, I know. Thanks for posting because once again I'm going to check on my little chickie and make sure everything is secure.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Not to scare you, but folks here have had heat lamps fall and start fires in the brooder. I'm good and paranoid now. I always double attach mine with zip ties just to make sure that if the clamp comes loose the heater can't fall into the brooder or touch anything it could melt or ignite.

Sorry about your chick.
hugs.gif

If you are careless with heat light it might very easy cause a fire causing property destruction, injury and loss of life.

There is never enough precaucion regarding heat lamps. I hang mine from the celling using a metal chain, so I can sleep at night also mandatory ceramic socket and dimmer switch.

250W infrared heat light is too strong, too hot and too dangerous for most indoor situations.

Period.

I am keeping a close eye on it, it is at the foot of my bed so I can watch
pop.gif
. Hubby wasn't to keen on this idea
rant.gif
but he does
love.gif
me and gave in
wee.gif
. He is gone to an auction right now and doesn't know he has a burial to do when he get home.

Back
Top Bottom