I am so sad!!!!!

Hmmm......am I a bad mom? My oldest just graduated high school, and is starting college next week----although he'll still live at home (darn!!!). I also have an almost 16-yr-old, and an almost 12 yr-old at home. Anyway, right now I can't wait until they are all out of the house! Maybe my feelings will change once there is only one left to go, I don't know. Hope tomorrow goes well.
hugs.gif

My best friend is moving out tomorrow, headed off to college.
sad.png
I know her mom was sobbing all day the day she graduated.

You know, it was tough when our daughter went off to school, but we survived. You will too. Trust me, your husband is suffering too. We are just not as visible about it. We don't want you (the mothers) to feed off of our sorrows. Once my wife gave up on trying to "mother" me, we moved on to the next phase of our life. Just us! We discovered once again just exactly why it is that we stay together. Look to the future- visiting at college, graduation, marriage, grandchildren--Am I going too fast for you?
lol.png
I feel that our greatest accomplishment is our children. She is doing what you raised her to have the strength to do- She's about to make her place in the world. Trust me somewhere in the near future you will become more important to her than you have ever been. (It will also be amazing how your opinion becomes important again, and you'll even become more intelligent in her eyes.)

Last edited:
Oh sweety!!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I am praying for you in this time of heart break. You will get through this. Remember they are going to college because you did a great job raising them! Focus on being proud and happy for them, it should help the heart ache.

Quote:
I do understand and it's ok to feel that way. My baby girl went off to Army basic training right after high school and I thought I might not be able to breathe for months. But the phone calls helped a bunch. Just keep in touch in every electronic way you can...email, text, facebook, phone...it will help ease the pain a bit.

Then after she was home for about 18 months, she was deployed and went off to Iraq for 14 months. Again, I cried in private and tried to keep a brave face for her and everyone else. We were blessed to be able to talk several times a week in addition to emailing.

Now she is back in college here and I see her several times a week and talk daily. She will be graduating soon, moving to Atlanta and getting married!! I'm trying to prepare myself in advance
big_smile.png

Just know that it will get a bit easier as time goes by....

Back
Top Bottom