i am so wounded..

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by wildorchid053, Dec 9, 2009.

1. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    i went out last night to stand on the deck with hubby while he smoked.. and i hit a patch of ice.. just a tiny little circle from drips off the roof... and landed with my leg folded underneath me and the other out straight.. well i can barely make it to the potty today and my knee is aching soooo bad..i hate being older and a clutz.. wish me luck that i haven't torn anything.. if it isn't better in a couple of days then i guess the doctors is next...my poor little babies have been cooped up all day long.... i can't get there to let them out and the snow is about 5" with ice on top of it ..it needs to be snowblown.. and it is dark when hubby gets home.. poor little things [​IMG]

2. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

[​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Are we related?

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Get that leg checked!! Do you have friends you could call to help out with the birds? I sure hope you start feeling better very fast!!

5. chris_m90731

chris_m90731 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    God bless

6. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    I'm so sorry!! [​IMG] Go and get that leg checked out!! I know what you mean about letting your babies out, but I don't live that far from you and mine didn't want to leave the coop! I opened the main door and all they did was fly to my covered patio! [​IMG] They hung out there most of the day and only the ones who needed to lay went back to the coop. My dummy roo just stood in the middle of the backyard and did a perfect imitation of a statue, I literally had to pick him up and carry him over to his girls! [​IMG] So, all in all, they may as well have just stayed in their coop for all the good it did to let them out today.

Right now I am trying to find my buff laced Polish pullet in the dark because the run door shut on her and she had no way to get in the coop. I found the blue laced by the fence all hunkered down for the night, but I can't find her anywhere. White and cream, kind of hard to tell the difference on a night like tonight. I'm worried because the winds are supposed to be horrendous tonight and I just spent most of the afternoon checking all the draft points in the coop so they'll be cozy and now I can't find her!! [​IMG]

Take care and God bless!

7. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    oh i hope you find her.. maybe shake a can of feed and she will come? or treats. don't give up..

8. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    Awww! The chickens will be fine-maybe DH could let them out tomarrow before he goes to work. One day won't kill them. For now just take it easy so you can heal and get back on your feet as soon as possible.

Hang in there![​IMG]

9. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

10. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Quote:Awww, thanks! I just went back out and no luck, I'm gonna wait for dh, 2 sets of eyes are better than 1?!! Have your hubby spoil you tonight-you deserve it!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by