I am trying to learn German

probably the only German tv I have ever watched would be Inspector Rex
lol.png

the kid,
eh I will have to translate that
give me a minute...

ah! gibberish!
no, it is not, but longer more complicated sentences usually are

After learning some French for about 5 years, I decided to try to take up German in college. I dropped the class in a few weeks, mostly because of time management issues on my behalf and the work it takes to keep up with the class. But it is very different from a romance language like French. I think I'd be better off learning Italian!! And I thought I sounded angry every time I practiced
lol.png

I thought German language was rather "harsh" sounding. Alot of rr in it LOL! It does not have any "music" to it either unless you are going to a German opera. Hitler speaking German to the crowd sound harsh, forceful and nothing romantic about it.

However I would not mind going to the Black Forest but it is not far from Germany. I don't think I would want to visit the country itself unless it is country side.

I am native German and speak it regularily with my parents back at home. German isn't all that hard of a language. What makes it bad is the many accents. I happen to come from a small village in the Thuringian mountains with 4 villages surrounding mine- each village, although only a few kilometers away- had a different accent, differnent words for the same thing, etc. Although accents are slowly disappearing you will still find many traces of them whens peaking to Germans.A t your service with any questions you may have
jumpy.gif

Most of the German I know (or remember!) is horse terms. Anytime I would speak it, the Germans were always correcting me to their dialect. So, northern German sounds different than southern German--I guess much like the US. One time there was a playful argument about spaetz-LUH or spaetz-LAY!!
gig.gif

I've always enjoyed the language though because it is so rough, and has direction and each letter is usually pronounced unlike French where there's a bunch of letters you don't say which is confusing for me. I also think German and English are quite similar.

The easiest way to pick up on it for me was through German music.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom