I am wanting to ask about my pullet

Judykaymayes

Songster
Mar 2, 2023
I am trying to see if anyone can describe this pullets breeding ?I got her from someone who raised her or bought her at TSC i cant remember which. She was suppose to be an Ameracuna or Olive Egger.Ill try to get a better photo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230914-110746_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20230914-110746_Messenger.jpg
    749.3 KB · Views: 30
I am trying to see if anyone can describe this pullets breeding ?I got her from someone who raised her or bought her at TSC i cant remember which. She was suppose to be an Ameracuna or Olive Egger.Ill try to get a better photo.
She is not an Ameraucana. That is a specific breed, with specific traits, and she does not have them all. The most obvious point: Ameraucanas have muffs (fluffy feathers on the sides of the face), and she does not.

She might be an Easter Egger (sometimes misleadingly labeled as Americana or various other spellings that look similar to Ameraucana but are not quite right). Or she might be an Olive Egger.

It looks like she has a pea comb, so it is likely that she has some ancestors that were Ameraucanas, or Araucanas, or some of the birds that were ancestors of those two breeds.

But I think she most likely has Easter Egger parents, and Easter Egger grandparents, and Easter Egger ancestors for enough generations that nothing else can really be identified.

Easter Egger just means the chicken lays blue or green eggs, and does not look right for any specific breed. Olive Egger means the chicken lays dark green eggs ("olive" colored), and also does not look right for any specific breed.

We ha
She is not an Ameraucana. That is a specific breed, with specific traits, and she does not have them all. The most obvious point: Ameraucanas have muffs (fluffy feathers on the sides of the face), and she does not.

She might be an Easter Egger (sometimes misleadingly labeled as Americana or various other spellings that look similar to Ameraucana but are not quite right). Or she might be an Olive Egger.

It looks like she has a pea comb, so it is likely that she has some ancestors that were Ameraucanas, or Araucanas, or some of the birds that were ancestors of those two breeds.

But I think she most likely has Easter Egger parents, and Easter Egger grandparents, and Easter Egger ancestors for enough generations that nothing else can really be identified.

Easter Egger just means the chicken lays blue or green eggs, and does not look right for any specific breed. Olive Egger means the chicken lays dark green eggs ("olive" colored), and also does not look right for any specific breed.
We have a feeling we have two of these they may be laying lighter green or greenish blue egg, gotta sort the girls to find out who is laying them.They are with an B C Maran Roo .

Back
Top Bottom