I beat their bad habits at last!

Sore Thumb Suburbanite

Songster
8 Years
Apr 26, 2011
orange county
So I have been figuring out a watering system that will work with minimal maintainence and keep my hose free (since I regularly water the yard)... did some troubleshooting in the feeding and watering your flock forum and ended up with a pretty good (so far it would seem) system that should be relatively problem free...
I just finished it this afternoon, I still have a bunch of details to address, but I was too excited and had to start using it TODAY!

I thought I would share with you duck owners, seeing as my hook-ups were specific to ducks/geesse unlike the nipple systems for chickens.\\

I have a gravity feed rainbarrel (cut down because It looks funny at its regular height and my neighbors would see it over the wall) on top of a 4 foot tower feeding two little giant waterers through 1/2" pvc and the whole shabang cost about 80 bucks (the little giant waterers cost 22 each).

the tower to coop pipe will be adjusted as well as pavers put under the tower legs
88880_img_0275.jpg

inside the coop for night thirst
88880_img_0272.jpg

The cool thing was, my hybrid duck...the leader and the smartest bird I have--started using the waterer first and then led my runner and other hybrid to drink right after.

Great setup! I just set something up using an automatic waterer attached to a hose with a float in it. It' s only been running for 2 days but my immediate observation is the need to easily dump the basin of water and rinse it because of the amount of junk they leave in the bowl.

Will you be able to rinse out those red bowls easily?

Let us know how it works out. I love your duck yard!!

Back
Top Bottom