I BEG you! Please help me!

thanks flyhigher .... i looked it up but she doesnt have lesions... my guess is either gapeworm or respiratory... still trying though

Well, she hasn't got much better and she hasn't gotten any worse. I gave her some FF this morning and she was pecking at it. I really don't think it is pox or canker. Her throat is swollen and I'm not sure if its a mass or just enlarged.

Does anyone know how quick Safeguard will work? Gave it to her last night by mouth 1/2 cc... Do I repeat?

I really do appreciate any suggestions... she is my favorite girl
hit.gif

Well, she hasn't got much better and she hasn't gotten any worse. I gave her some FF this morning and she was pecking at it. I really don't think it is pox or canker. Her throat is swollen and I'm not sure if its a mass or just enlarged.

Does anyone know how quick Safeguard will work? Gave it to her last night by mouth 1/2 cc... Do I repeat?

I really do appreciate any suggestions... she is my favorite girl
hit.gif
If you gave her the correct amount for her weight, it should have worked for on intestinal worms, not sure about gape. How much does she weigh? Did you look at the fenbendazole info in the link that I sent?

If you gave her the correct amount for her weight, it should have worked for on intestinal worms, not sure about gape. How much does she weigh? Did you look at the fenbendazole info in the link that I sent?
yes i did... thank you...she weighs about 5 lbs... she has lost some weight i read on another post a few days ago to use safeguard for goats for the gape... I'm going to assume it is either gape or some sort of infection.. so I'm going to treat for both... do you think the fenbendazole would be better?

yes i did... thank you...she weighs about 5 lbs... she has lost some weight i read on another post a few days ago to use safeguard for goats for the gape... I'm going to assume it is either gape or some sort of infection.. so I'm going to treat for both... do you think the fenbendazole would be better?
If you want to give the maximum recommended dose, you need to know exactly how much she weighs. If she does weigh 5 pounds, she should get 1.1cc's of Safeguard. Can you take a picture of the inside of her mouth and post it?

Back
Top Bottom