I bid on hatching eggs,..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BayouPoules, Sep 8, 2010.

1. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

I confess,. I did it,.. "they" make it too easy,..I don't know how it happened [​IMG],... I was browsing on ebay for homeschool supplies,.. and somehow found myself looking at STANDARD CRESTED GOLDEN LACED POLISH HATCHING EGGS.[​IMG] . They are close to me,. only one state away so they wont be in shipping long ( I reasoned to myself). It's only 3 eggs ( 3 MORE eggs) My neighbor was just saying how she really wanted a Polish hen and I could give them to her if they hatch ( doing a nice thing.,.. right?)

It was easy,.. just a click of the mouse,..

I may need to join IA ....Incubators Anonymous ,.. but right now I have to fire up the bator,..[​IMG]

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Good for you! I think the Polish are just as cute as they can be!

3. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Remember your chicken math 101. Eggs don't count.

Chicks don't count until they are out of the brooder.

And did I mention the other Polish eggs for sale?

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I had such crappy luck with shipped eggs, my last hatch was all my own eggs. 100% hatch rate. So now I have a bunch of EE's and Black Sex links. Shot myself in the foot with that one.

5. BayouPoules

Quote:Wait until I tell Brian we were doing Chicken Math all wrong,.. EGGS Don't count!!!! [​IMG]

So basically,.. I'm in the clear,.. until they hatch,..

but as Miss Scarlet says,.. I wont think about that now,. I'll think about that tomorrow.

what other Polish eggs for sale,..?

6. BayouPoules

Quote:100% hatch! That's great! [​IMG]

What bator did you use,. how many eggs?

The eggs I bid on ( and am still high bidder) are offered by a young lady that shows her birds and have won awards ( saw it on the web),. . She also has 100% positive feedback for her shipping and chicks,. so I am thinking I will be OK,. I might not feel that way if they were being shipped father that one state away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by