I bought 2 silkies from a couple lastnight and I dont believe they are pure breeds!

aprildyer9678

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 9, 2013
So, they are both white and they do have 5 toes each and they do have blue earlobes and black skin! however, they have long, not feathered legs and they have no puffy heads at all. They told me that they had purchased them from tractor supply. I imagine that means they are mixed breed. I was kind of bummed out when I saw them and realized right away that these were really not silkies. I will post pics soon so that I can get some ideas of what you all think.

I had same prob. I bet yours doesn't have a beard either. I love mine, but he sure is ugly

These are the new girls! Not show quality for sure!!!! not sure what they were mixed with but they are from tractor supply so it could be just about anything i suppose. Let me know what you guys think. They def. have silkie in them but compared to my "REAL" silkie they just don't look quite right
wink.png

IDK! your girl looks more like a silkie than mine does! at least yours has feathers on her legs and looks more like the right size. Mine have some of the right characteristics but also have some that don't belong...if you know what I mean.:) oh well! SO, I have a couple ugly girls. LOL! "BIRDZILLA"

Back
Top Bottom