I bought a chick now it has Curly toe - help

Purelychicks

Songster
Nov 15, 2022
Arkansas
It eats and drinks fine, but the toes curl inwards and are sort of shriveled up like prunes , it can sort of walk but not easily. What do I do? The rest of the chicks are fine. It freaks out when I take it away from its siblings

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 34
Not too sure you can do anything it's too old for a brace. You'll likely just have to wait for the toe to break and set. I had a hen with a foot issue that resulted in crooked toes when she got too heavy for the bad foot to continue the way it had been

Not too sure you can do anything it's too old for a brace. You'll likely just have to wait for the toe to break and set. I had a hen with a foot issue that resulted in crooked toes when she got too heavy for the bad foot to continue the way it had been
It’s only 3 days old?

I would start some human super b complex vitamins or use a chick vitamin that has riboflavin (b2) listed on the label. Make it some shoes by taping the toes on top and bottom in a normal position. Leave for a few days. Look at the pictures her on how to tape toes:
https://www.mypetchicken.com/blogs/faqs/my-chicks-toes-are-all-curled-up-whats-wrong-with-her
I tried my best for tape, but it’s certainly hard on an extremely tiny squirmy bantam baby. I have some ribloflavin b mix specifically for chickens, would that work?

Back
Top Bottom