I BOUGHT NEW BABIES!!! PICS

Well after doingbsome research..... Im not sure what these blue chicks are... On Ysc website they ahve no listing for RIB... BUT the xhicks are identicle to Bluebelss or saphire blues... Which lay tinted eggs... Lol lets hope the mabe a booboo in my favor... Either way im happy with em.. They eat good etc... They had. 1$ bin for st run bantams but I had to run away lol...

I am on my first set of pullets. I got 2 "Blue Rocks"....that are definitely not both the same. LOL
1 I'm 99% sure is an Austrolorp.
My chicks look similar to yours, but not the same.
The second pic, I think they were about 12 weeks old

Attachments

• 20200404_132719_2.jpg
    20200404_132719_2.jpg
    588.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200527_091928.jpg
    20200527_091928.jpg
    913 KB · Views: 10
I am on my first set of pullets. I got 2 "Blue Rocks"....that are definitely not both the same. LOL
1 I'm 99% sure is an Austrolorp.
My chicks look similar to yours, but not the same.
The second pic, I think they were about 12 weeks old
Vey nice!!!!!! Although Australorp chicks have white billies until the feather out... The kinda look like penquins....im curiois whatbmine turn out looking feathere out,,, i went to get some medicated chick crumble and brought my reciept and brought home anothe lavendarblack chick lolm

Well after doingbsome research..... Im not sure what these blue chicks are... On Ysc website they ahve no listing for RIB... BUT the xhicks are identicle to Bluebelss or saphire blues... Which lay tinted eggs... Lol lets hope the mabe a booboo in my favor... Either way im happy with em.. They eat good etc... They had. 1$ bin for st run bantams but I had to run away lol...
You should have done the straight run bantams too. It is a grab bag of anticipation as you figure out what they are. I succumbed to their allure back in early May at our local TSC and have ended up with a Porcelain trio (2 roosters and a pullet), a Mille Fleur pullet, a pair of Silver Penciled cochins, a Red cochin pullet, and two Wheaten OEG roosters. And the really cool thing is that I have never had any of these before.

You should have done the straight run bantams too. It is a grab bag of anticipation as you figure out what they are. I succumbed to their allure back in early May at our local TSC and have ended up with a Porcelain trio (2 roosters and a pullet), a Mille Fleur pullet, a pair of Silver Penciled cochins, a Red cochin pullet, and two Wheaten OEG roosters. And the really cool thing is that I have never had any of these before.
The girl told me only oeg bantams were left lol...and she was talking me outta them....toms another day though lol

Last edited:
Appparenty I cannot edit my title of the Thread once ive left....I thought I used to be able to...oh well....lol:caf:caf:cool:... . I kind of have an embaressing inquirey :oops:.... I stated in another thread that ive have chickens easily going on 28 years... My dilemma is I haven had babies in about 8 years..:barnie... I have the brooder set up. Water... Crumbles.... Pine shavings and my 250 watt red light hanging from above.... I have my chicks in a room thats disconnected from central air and had a huge wall to wall mirror on one side and widows on the other 2... Its about 83 and humid in there,.. Well lit aswell.... I cant remeber if I keep the light on them all the time..Ar night Theyre sleeping laying down in that funny position away from each other lol... I do turn the light off every other hour during the day as with the red bulb it get uo to 95 in the room...i always have gotten chicks (100 years ago) this time of year... At night I remember turning everything off about 10 and covingnthe brooder with a cotton blanket til 5, 6 am.... Ive never lost a chick...just wonderin what yall do.... Thank you kindly!!!$:pop:jumpy:bun:woot:old:idunno

As I have said I've had chickens for many many years but I haven't reared baby chicks in about 6 years I think oh, I bought a bag of Purina chick feed and today I bought a bag of manna Pro chick feed the Manna Pro crumbles are extremely large and the guys are kind of ignoring it..... the size difference between the two brands is very extreme I guess I'm just going to have to feed the Purina until that's finished and then by that time they should be big enough to be able to eat the Manna Pro????.... just don't understand if it's designed for babies how do they expect them to eat such big chunks has anybody else run across this kind of problem or am I crazy lol?

As I have said I've had chickens for many many years but I haven't reared baby chicks in about 6 years I think oh, I bought a bag of Purina chick feed and today I bought a bag of manna Pro chick feed the Manna Pro crumbles are extremely large and the guys are kind of ignoring it..... the size difference between the two brands is very extreme I guess I'm just going to have to feed the Purina until that's finished and then by that time they should be big enough to be able to eat the Manna Pro????.... just don't understand if it's designed for babies how do they expect them to eat such big chunks has anybody else run across this kind of problem or am I crazy lol?
In May when I bought some bantam chicks at TSC the starter feed supply was depleted so I ended up getting a small bag of 20% Dumor brand. The "crumbles" were so big that an ostrich would have trouble ingesting it. I ended up grinding it up in a blender to make it smaller.

Because I have bigger girls I just buy all flock. The ctlrumbles were a bit big when my babies were days old so I would blend them in a blender. It worked great.

Back
Top Bottom