I built a coop! NOW WHAT? Help!

Ross Thomas

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2022
I live in National City, have a double lot , and the city guy i talked to on the phone said I could have as many as 8 chickens! So I built a mobile coop with 4 nest boxes and 8+ feet of raised roosting space. i don't have food or water or outside the coop run yet. Now what? Help!

Welcome to BYC! Make sure the coop has plenty of ventilation at the top. That is very important. You will need an outdoor run that is as predator proof as possible, plus feeders and waterers. Don't buy feed until you have the chickens-- fresh is better. Good luck!
want to make my own feed and water, am very handy but want great design and function. i have a few ideas, from on line articles. where do I get the feed when im ready?

want to make my own feed and water, am very handy but want great design and function. i have a few ideas, from on line articles. where do I get the feed when im ready?
Any farm type store will have it. You can also order it online. If you get chicks you will need different feed from what adult chickens get.

Back
Top Bottom