I can’t be the only one....

Pics
I have been gathering grasshoppers when I walk through my upper yard and now every time the ducks see me they expect me to have a grasshopper 😂
Once this yard is expanded with a fence thry will be able to come where the grasshoppers are hanging out and catch their own
mine LOVED spending the summer chasing grasshoppers! It looked like playing, but I'm sure if you ask them they were working very hard.

I stopped getting notifications for this thread!!! 😠

So much sassiness!
I have had to deal with some very sassy behaviour of late. Especially Sprightly who has been very mischevious.
Though Dougie has been my little helper, there was a very pesky spider in the coop yesterday, kept building a web across the door, three times I walked into it!!
I kicked him out every time but it came back

I pointed and said "Dougie, look!" and she dinosaur stomped after him and gobbled him up. She's so obedient! (not usually).
I kinda felt mean, but also that spider long out stayed his welcome 😂
I haven’t been very active on BYC lately, but I’m back! So I don’t think you’ve missed too much here.

Wahoooo go Dougie! I hate spiders! I can totally picture the dinosaur stop and gobble 🤣

Ducks first (priorities!), melting icecream second!!
Offending a duck is a very serious business.

(Also, definitely keep said icecream out of their reach, Sprightly wrecked mine when she snuck up on me and tried to take a bite)
Yea they had no cares for my melting ice cream!

🤣 I think I remembered hearing about sprightly and the ice cream! TOO. MUCH. SASS!

How have your girls been? I feel so out of the loop lately!

I have been gathering grasshoppers when I walk through my upper yard and now every time the ducks see me they expect me to have a grasshopper 😂
Once this yard is expanded with a fence thry will be able to come where the grasshoppers are hanging out and catch their own
You can’t be setting high expectations, you’ll never live it down!!

Mine looooooove grasshoppers, it’s so funny to watch them chase em around the yard. Pest control, one of the benefits of having to put up with these sassholes everyday 🤣

Yea they had no cares for my melting ice cream!

🤣 I think I remembered hearing about sprightly and the ice cream! TOO. MUCH. SASS!

How have your girls been? I feel so out of the loop lately!
Theyre doing good! Dougie decided she wanted to settle down and have babies, but her eggs arent fertilised... she got over it, and is back to being a menace to society with her sister.

Sprightly has been extra sassy and hormonal lately, but is calming down, mostly..... Aside from when she occassionally yells at me.... But truly its my own fault for not preparing her food faster.

Theyre doing good! Dougie decided she wanted to settle down and have babies, but her eggs arent fertilised... she got over it, and is back to being a menace to society with her sister.

Sprightly has been extra sassy and hormonal lately, but is calming down, mostly..... Aside from when she occassionally yells at me.... But truly its my own fault for not preparing her food faster.
Yea come on mom! Gotta be quick with that food 🤣

Bahaha a menace to society! There’s one of those in every bunch!

Is dougie back to laying? I have a broody and haven’t gotten an egg from her since early summer. I assume she’ll do what she did last year and not lay again til spring 🙄

You can’t be setting high expectations, you’ll never live it down!!

Mine looooooove grasshoppers, it’s so funny to watch them chase em around the yard. Pest control, one of the benefits of having to put up with these sassholes everyday 🤣
That reminds me, Dougie found a HUGE worm under the pool while I was cleaning it out, she was very happy about it. I'll never get over the way they look like little dinosaurs when they hunt bugs. The determined stomp is brilliant.

I remember when I moved the water bucket to the opposite side of the pen. A couple days later, Dougie had a mouthful of food, and stomped determinedly to where it used to be.... Then, halfway across the pen she went "oh wait" and turned around and stomped back to the water bucket. I wish it were on video because I cannot express how silly she looked. The realisation.

Ducks are so entertaining arent they?

Yea come on mom! Gotta be quick with that food 🤣

Bahaha a menace to society! There’s one of those in every bunch!

Is dougie back to laying? I have a broody and haven’t gotten an egg from her since early summer. I assume she’ll do what she did last year and not lay again til spring 🙄
Actually, despite her being full on broody, and sitting on her eggs for most the day, she never stopped laying. Not sure what that was all about, because Id initially figured that "well, at least she'll have a break from laying". But nope.
I guess I did keep disturbing her nest and taking her eggs, so she felt the need to keep collecting them (And hiding them!!).

That reminds me, Dougie found a HUGE worm under the pool while I was cleaning it out, she was very happy about it. I'll never get over the way they look like little dinosaurs when they hunt bugs. The determined stomp is brilliant.

I remember when I moved the water bucket to the opposite side of the pen. A couple days later, Dougie had a mouthful of food, and stomped determinedly to where it used to be.... Then, halfway across the pen she went "oh wait" and turned around and stomped back to the water bucket. I wish it were on video because I cannot express how silly she looked. The realisation.

Ducks are so entertaining arent they?
They are sooooo entertaining. We sit outback almost every night and just chat while we watch all our doofuses

Ok also I have a really weird confession ….. I know you’re from England, and I just caught myself in my head reading your comment in an accent. Is that weird?? It’s weird isn’t it?? 🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom