I can’t stop!!! More baby chicks!

I'm feeling it coming on like a fever🤣 I grew up on a farm and missed it so much living in the city/suburbs. As I have moved over the years it seems with the average increases so have been the ducks. Now that we recently purchased a 30 acre farm I started to get back into chickens and even though I have 15 two week old chicks in the brooder I'm getting the itch for more😭 my husband just told me that instead of building the coop/barn I can have the existing 30'x60' pole barn with 15'x60' lean-too's on both sides for my ducks and chickens....he has just sealed his fate....😂

I'm feeling it coming on like a fever🤣 I grew up on a farm and missed it so much living in the city/suburbs. As I have moved over the years it seems with the average increases so have been the ducks. Now that we recently purchased a 30 acre farm I started to get back into chickens and even though I have 15 two week old chicks in the brooder I'm getting the itch for more😭 my husband just told me that instead of building the coop/barn I can have the existing 30'x60' pole barn with 15'x60' lean-too's on both sides for my ducks and chickens....he has just sealed his fate....😂
That sounds like a dream! I want a barn so bad! We have a little less than 9 acres but it’s all flat and mostly open so definitely have a barn on my list of wants! We’ve always let our chickens free range but with so many silkies I’m currently building a run that’s about 20 feet by 10 feet. Their coop is pretty roomy about 12x10 and 8 ft tall. I can’t really expand my Muscovy flock quite yet though. They’re pretty big and all in a 10x9 coop. But only at night. They enjoy free ranging and swimming in the pond all day. People are pretty intimidated by them so maybe the hawks are too haha
F35342E0-2DF8-41F3-86D3-4FE8DC236EB4.jpeg

That sounds like a dream! I want a barn so bad! We have a little less than 9 acres but it’s all flat and mostly open so definitely have a barn on my list of wants! We’ve always let our chickens free range but with so many silkies I’m currently building a run that’s about 20 feet by 10 feet. Their coop is pretty roomy about 12x10 and 8 ft tall. I can’t really expand my Muscovy flock quite yet though. They’re pretty big and all in a 10x9 coop. But only at night. They enjoy free ranging and swimming in the pond all day. People are pretty intimidated by them so maybe the hawks are too hahaView attachment 2873612
Your Muscovy are gorgeous 😍

Back
Top Bottom