I can clean the coop but need help with run

My run is dirt too, and covered with a layer of straw. Using a pitchfork, I can scoop the top layer with the poop (poop sticks to the straw) very easily. Keeps the pen area nice and clean, smelling better than just dirt. During the rainy season the straw will soak up the poop and the rain and I am not slipping around.

When I need new straw in the run, I throw in a flake and the girls love to scratch around and distribute it.

Anne

Quote:
You need to make sure you get the Stall Dry that is non-toxic. It comes in a white bag - not the yellow bag. I even use it in my cat litterboxes, my ferret cage and whenever I find an "accident" on the floor, I pour some on it and sweep it up a couple hours later. It's great stuff.

My coop and run both are on a slight slope, so when it rains it just washes off down the hill, have beautiful grass on the other side of the fence. I use hay in the coop butI use a good dusting of de on it,Ialso take a handful and rub it on top of the roosts, don't have any smell that i can notice. marrie

Hi--I'm new and not quite sure what DE is...can someone be kind enough to elaborate.
smile.png

Thanks

If you want to look up DE, it is spelled diatomaceous earth because it has diatoms in it....have fun researching that. LOL. Make sure you get the food grade.

Back
Top Bottom