I can sex your pullets and cockerels!

Do you like my thread?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
i am hoping I'm not hijacking someones thread. can't seem to find "need thread" for this forum. I've posted these photos once before but now that they are a bit older at almost 18 weeks, i am hoping for some reassurance that i have all hens and no roos. i've posted 12 photos, 2 of each of my 6 darlings.
this is piper. this one is of most concern.
piper.JPG
piper2.JPG

next is rosie
rosie.JPG
rosie2.JPG

and hazel
hazel.JPG
hazel2.JPG

sugar
sugar.JPG
sugar2.JPG

dixie
dixie.JPG
dixie2.JPG

and lastly, fiona. still small, pale comb and barely a waddle.
fiona.JPG
fiona2.JPG

if you or anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

i am hoping I'm not hijacking someones thread. can't seem to find "need thread" for this forum. I've posted these photos once before but now that they are a bit older at almost 18 weeks, i am hoping for some reassurance that i have all hens and no roos. i've posted 12 photos, 2 of each of my 6 darlings.
this is piper. this one is of most concern.
View attachment 1100308 View attachment 1100309

next is rosieView attachment 1100311View attachment 1100312
and hazel
View attachment 1100315 View attachment 1100316
sugarView attachment 1100317View attachment 1100318
dixie
View attachment 1100319 View attachment 1100320
and lastly, fiona. still small, pale comb and barely a waddle.
View attachment 1100321 View attachment 1100322

if you or anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!
The Barred Rocks are all females. I think a see some male specific feathering on the first 2 Orpingtons, but could just be damaged feathers. Piper looks like he/she might be ill.

how can you tell piper looks ill????? :( is it the expression in the first photo? i can certainly take more!
The way the body is hunched, head and tail low, eyes seem sleepy.
those new feathers by the wings just appeared on piper yesterday. think maybe they are flight feathers???
Missing the secondary wing feathers. Could be due to juvenile molt or picking. Have you been having any issues with dominant behavior with the others?

no dominance whatsoever in the flock. interestingly, piper had to be coaxed into the coop last evening. i thought it was because i just hung stringed cd's to scare off the sparrows. I'm going to see if piper does it again this evening now that i pulled it up and out of the way. i will try to get another photo or two of piper.

These chicks are suppose to be French Black Copper Marans, 3 weeks old. Any idea on sex?View attachment 1100469

Just taking a stab here... I'm saying 1 boy at least,possibly 2 and one girl. Everyone will tell you it's too early to tell and they are right but given the combs already on the two at 3 weeks that's my vote. I had fbcm as my first chicks and my boys began developing a large comb that early. Like others have told me adorable none the less!

Back
Top Bottom