I can survive this... I really can. - UPDATE.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by eenie114, Nov 16, 2010.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

And by 'this', I mean (maybe) Thanksgiving with my second cousin, who seems to think I am the uncoolest of the uncool. I can't say for sure that she'll be there, but if she is... [​IMG] Sigh. But to quote Miranda Lambert, ''I don't have to be hateful, I can just say 'bless your heart'. '' [​IMG] It's still a ways away, but I'm mentally preparing myself early. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  2. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Oh....I have one of those. You know, pranking's always fun...?

3. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Quote:lol kill em with kindness? [​IMG]

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Hope it all goes well. I decided years ago to not spend time with anyone unpleasant even during the holidays.

5. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

I feel sorry for unpleasant people. MOST of the time. But I know about the mental preparedness tactic too. Just don't work yourself up in the process.

6. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    We used to spend summer holidays with my cousins. I hated it. There was a boy my brothers age- and they got on great- but the girl just a few months younger than me was always a bit snobby - and I always felt I was the odd one out. Now days I live in a different state so havent seen any of them in many years.... I hope you still manage to have a great Thanksgiving.

7. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

I always see snobby as insecurity...

8. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

9. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    I think it is an insecurity as well. Just act like you don't care and don't let her get to you. I used to have some cousins that lived in California who thought they were so cool and when they would come visit on holidays to Phx AZ, that it was the most boring place ever yada yada. Okay, so my sister and I were actually born in CA and they were not but my mom moved us when we were teens due to the high crime etc in Los Angelos where we had lived. Anyhow, my cousins thought since they lived there and we didn't any longer, they were the bomb lol. Actually in retrospect, they were pretty homely and had to put on a good act.

10. chicknduck

chicknduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    Just be happy with yourself and enjoy your holiday please do not let not so nice people reuin this Thanksgiving for you. Just be thankfull that you are who you are.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by