Update! Rooster's toe

Swampy_9

Chirping
Apr 3, 2023
Alright so here's an update on things.

I'll say I don't think it's gotten any better and really it almost looks like it's gotten worse? At the least in swelling and coloration.

My last post I'd say it was maybe just a few days into this injury and I treated it the same as bumblefood

However a week in nothing was working and his scales were pealing.

But I did persist and it's been perhaps maybe in the last week I noticed how purple and black his toe looks.

HOWEVER.

His limping seems to be improving and he's not completely slouching because he can't stand. He can stand for longer and only goes to lay when the girls are all bathing or even laying.

As I have said he's always had a limp. But even that seems to be improving. Like he's standing up and tall as a rooster should instead of cowering like when he's in pain.

These pictures I took today after giving him his usual Epson salt bath and putting some vetericyn and Nesporin on.

Should I be treating it a different way? What even is this? I at first thought he possibly fractured his toe but I mean I can't tell.

There's no puss no bleeding and the swelling really hasn't gotten down.

I need help

I don't want to possibly cull him since he's doing his job properly just this one toe isn't getting better

Attachments

• 20240313_132503.jpg
    20240313_132503.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240313_133529.jpg
    20240313_133529.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240313_133532.jpg
    20240313_133532.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 5
Looks like frost bite to me. The necrotic black tip of his toe will soon come off on its own.

Daily soaks in epsom salt water will help with the process. Keep it clean and dry to prevent more damage.

Looks like frost bite to me. The necrotic black tip of his toe will soon come off on its own.

Daily soaks in epsom salt water will help with the process. Keep it clean and dry to prevent more damage.
Alright. Lucky enough we are getting warmer weather now. Will his toenail also fall off? Moat of the skin seems to be pealing off alteady

Back
Top Bottom