I cannot believe it......I have a chick!!!!! Updated.......

greatchicken

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
This is my first hatch and I was not expecting anything from it because of the start. We had power go out and some small temp problems. But when I got up this morning I heard some chirping and thought that one of the new chicks we just bought had got out. I then realized that it was comming from the bator. I ran over there and I had a BCM chick looking up at me and chirping its little head off. I have another one hatching right now. I am so happy that they are comming. I tried to get a picture of it but it went into the corner and the glare was to bad. I am hoping that when I get home I will have more little chicks running around in there.

A couple of questions..

1) How long can I leave it in there? I have some RIR eggs in there to but their hatch date is not until tomorrow.

2) Is there anything special that I need to do when I do get them out of there? I just want them to be happy and healthy.

Thanks
Shaun

Last edited:
Oh adorable! I would leave it in there until it is completely dry and if you get it out when others are going to hatch it may not go to well:( its hard you just wanna pull them out and cuddle.

Update.

My wife just called me and told me that before she left for work a 2nd chick had hatched and a 3rd had just piped. This is so cool.

Congratulations. Baby Chicks are so awesome.
celebrate.gif

If I remember right they can stay in there as long as three days. The very last thing they do is absorb their yolk, so they aren't hungry... If you open the incubator the humidity will drop dramatically and risk shrink wrapping the remaining hatching chicks. I would probably be good for 24 hours. Just leave them be for now. Hooray and congratulations -- this is sooooo exciting!!!

wee.gif
love.gif

ya.gif
celebrate.gif

Jenny

The next update....

So before my wife left for work she said that we have 2 chicks all the way out and 1 that is out of the shell but backed itself into the corner and is having trouble getting the rest of the way out. We have 2 more pips and 1 egg that is rolling around on it own.

This is so exciting that I cannot wait to see all of them when I get home.

Shaun

Back
Top Bottom