I cannot believe it!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by greatchicken, Mar 1, 2011.

1. greatchicken

greatchicken Chirping

Jan 27, 2011
    Michigan
    It is day 10 and I just candled my eggs. I have 11 RIR eggs and 9 show what I am suppose to see. I also have 9 BCM eggs that are just way to dark to see any thing. I am very happy that my first hatch is actually going well at the moment after the rocky start. I just needed to tell some one.

Thanks
    Shaun

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thats fantastic Shaun! [​IMG] Keep us posted, and pics when they hatch! [​IMG]

3. abritton77

abritton77 Chirping

Jan 9, 2011
    Broken Bow
    I know how you feel. I was excited when I saw my first developing egg.

4. happydog

happydog Songster

Nov 22, 2009
    Western NC
    I know egg-zactly how you feel! I started my hatch in a borrowed LG that I couldn't get right. The temp went up and down, I did everything wrong and STILL when I candled them half of them were alive and moving in the egg. I was shocked!

Feels really good, doesn't it. [​IMG]

5. greatchicken

greatchicken Chirping

Jan 27, 2011
    Michigan
    I ran my hova bator for a week to get temps just right. After 3 days we lost power and before I could get power to it it dropped down to 64.

I thought that everything died. But to my suprise I see development. I am so happy.

Shaun

6. theberlinfam

theberlinfam Songster

Feb 19, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    Quote:LOL @ happydog!

I've read on BYC that Walmart has a super duper LED flashlight for $19 or so that does a pretty good job looking through BCM eggs...just and FYI [​IMG]

7. wistlindixie

wistlindixie Songster

Feb 27, 2011
    Yay! It's exciting isn't it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: