I cannot find

WonkierZulu

Songster
Dec 29, 2020
Washington State
I cannot find the poultry or livestock laws for cowlitz county washington. The person lives is in the jusdiction of the county. So I'm curious if anyone else can find it.

The first link says no free range, you have to contain any animals you have.
The second link says people living in rural residential zones can have " Small animals (household pets) not to exceed four in any combination thereof, when kept on the same lot as the resident dwelling of the owner of said animals;"
And
"no poultry or livestock, other than normal household pets, shall be housed within 100 feet of any residence other than the dwelling on the same lot;"

The single family dwelling is separate. My single family dwelling is actually zoned commercial. It matters sometimes but you would start with the zoning categaory

6.10.010 Entire county designated stock restricted area.

It appears that it would be in the best interests of Cowlitz County and the residents thereof that Cowlitz County in its entirety be designated as a stock restricted area effective July 1, 1964.

On and after July 1, 1964, livestock shall not run at large within the boundaries of Cowlitz County, Washington. [Res. 381, 1-29-64.]

Source: https://www.codepublishing.com/WA/CowlitzCounty/#!/CowlitzCounty06/CowlitzCounty0610.html#6.10

Back
Top Bottom