I cannot wait to see what these become! Any guesses on breed??

Red is a pretty common color, but yeah, it can pop up pretty easily since not many genes seem to cover it up
Thanks for all the info! I've been questioning light brahma/sex link. I guess this will just be a fun ride to see how these little buggers grow up.

I hatched chicks from a pair of bantams I got from an auction. They were my first chickens and I was excited to make more (shocker).
This is Mom: someone on a FB group though she was a light brahma?

View attachment 3170945

This is Dad: (same FB group suggested he is a red sex link)

View attachment 3170950

Well, their babies are now almost 8 weeks old and I'm dying to know what breed they are. I know if he truly was a sex link, that they are "mutts" for lack of a better term, but surely they must look close to a certain breed? Regardless, I love them. The cockerel is trying to crow and it's the cutest thing ever. Before are pics if anyone has guesses on breed!

Cockerel:
View attachment 3170955

Pullet 1:
View attachment 3170956

Pullet 2:
View attachment 3170957

Pullet 3:

View attachment 3170959

And, I don't need anything help with this one- just sharing one of the silkie chicks mama Maya hatched this week😍😍
View attachment 3170960

Thanks in advance for any help!!
Both the mother and father are d’uccle mixes. Also, pullet 1 is a cockerel.

Pullet 1 might be a cockerel. Consider the development of the last 2 compared to pullet 1. Way different. Little roos can be a good bit behind brothers and fool you. It’s happened to me recently with some BCs and RIRs.

Pullet 1 might be a cockerel. Consider the development of the last 2 compared to pullet 1. Way different. Little roos can be a good bit behind brothers and fool you. It’s happened to me recently with some BCs and RIRs.
Oops. I just saw the other cockerel comment.

I hatched chicks from a pair of bantams I got from an auction. They were my first chickens and I was excited to make more (shocker).
This is Mom: someone on a FB group though she was a light brahma?

View attachment 3170945

This is Dad: (same FB group suggested he is a red sex link)

View attachment 3170950

Well, their babies are now almost 8 weeks old and I'm dying to know what breed they are. I know if he truly was a sex link, then they are "mutts" for lack of a better term, but surely they must look close to a certain breed? Regardless, I love them. The cockerel is trying to crow and it's the cutest thing ever. Below are pics if anyone has guesses on breed!

Cockerel:
View attachment 3170955

Pullet 1:
View attachment 3170956

Pullet 2:
View attachment 3170957

Pullet 3:

View attachment 3170959

And, I don't need anything help with this one- just sharing one of the silkie chicks mama Maya hatched this week😍😍
View attachment 3170960

Thanks in advance for any help!!
I don't know what the original rooster is, but I was of the understanding that a red sex link rooster would be white. I.e. the product of a red based sire and white based hens, yielding red hens and white roos. Right?

Last edited:
I can see it now, it's amazing how your mind can trick you.😖

Back
Top Bottom