I can't believe it!

gvntofly05

Songster
10 Years
Sep 21, 2009
IN
6 weeks ago I hatched out 11 cute BCMarans and they have grown into to beautiful teenagers. I only have 2 roosters out of the 11! I was really worried about having to decide which roos to keep and which ones would have to go. I was prepared to keep 3 and expected at least 6 but now I will not have to decide at all!! Since I will have the 9 BCMarans pullets and I plan to add 6 of my EE's to the BCM coop I will have 15 pullets to 2 roos! It's going to work out great.

Also hubby said he is going to stop at Menards tomorrow after work to get the supplies for the second coop (which we will be building in our shed) and we will start building it on Saturday! The teenagers will be moved into it when they are 8 weeks and the run will be built when they are 10 weeks! I'm so happy that spring is pretty much here!

Wow, that's fantastic luck
smile.png
Enjoy them.

Wow, you are really lucky. Last year we bought 6 RIR out of the "mixed" bin and all 6 were roos! They were beautiful, but at about 3 months of age I had to rehome them. But they were rehomed with a friend of DH who had a large flock and had lost his RIR roos to a dog attack, so I felt better.

Back
Top Bottom