I cant believe its been a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin'sBrood :

Quote:
Just wait until there is no more room for them to move, that's when their movements become PAINFUL and discomfortable. YIKES! watch the ribs!

Oh yes, I remember those days very well... not looking forward to that part of the pregnancy again!

I thought you were having a girl but your siggy line makes it seem that you don't know what you're having. Are you having doubts about the ultrasound results?​

Yeah, we are having doubts cuz this one is nothing like my other 2 girls, more like DS was AND you can't really rely on the ultra sounds. DD2 was supposed to be a boy. When she was born, I asked the midwife where the "WEE WEE" was at cuz this baby didn't have one. Go figure! Better safe then sorry, Im preped for both boy and girl.

Quick question everybody. I'm debating if i should get chicks in the spring or if i should get a couple fruit trees and raspberries etc... This is my first baby and im not sure how overwhelmed ill be at first. What would you do? My mom will help with the plants and i could just take care of them at night when my DH is home. But the chicks need more then a once a day deal from me. Plus id have to get them about the time im due. Advice please.

go for it!

after the first week, it should start getting easier.
i would try to put it off though, until you have actually had the baby.

i would do both!
babies are so portable..you can toss them into a playpen in the yard for some sunshine while you do your gardening and while caring for your chickens..so easy
smile.png

I have to say! You ladies are great and very brave - I wish you all the best with your pregnacies! I dont have children and am too" chicken"
lol.png
to try - so I commend you all! Have a wonderful Christmas season.

Quote:
Personally, I would plan on getting chicks in late spring... late May or early June... and give yourself at least 2 months to adjust to having a baby... and the sleep deprivation that comes with it! That way, if you decide it is too much to handle you aren't stuck with caring for a new baby AND chicks. You may just decide not to get any chicks for the season, which would be much better than stressing yourself out with too much on your plate.

As far as the fruit trees go, I would never plant trees in the spring. Fall is the best time of the year for planting trees. I don't know anything about raising raspberries...

Best wishes!
smile.png

Robin'sBrood :

Quote:
Personally, I would plan on getting chicks in late spring... late May or early June... and give yourself at least 2 months to adjust to having a baby... and the sleep deprivation that comes with it! That way, if you decide it is too much to handle you aren't stuck with caring for a new baby AND chicks. You may just decide not to get any chicks for the season, which would be much better than stressing yourself out with too much on your plate.

As far as the fruit trees go, I would never plant trees in the spring. Fall is the best time of the year for planting trees. I don't know anything about raising raspberries...

Best wishes!
smile.png

Good advice! I didn't think about planting the trees in the fall. They sell them in the spring. Why do they sell them in the spring if you don't plant them till fall? Maybe ill just work on my rose garden. I just thought of that. Rose garden designs here I come.​

Quote:
Because people get spring fever and want to work in their yards! And when those trees die, they get to sell more trees to them the next spring.
lol.png

Seriously, I guess it depends on where you live. Here in NC our summers are too hot and dry for spring plantings to do well, and because we normally have mild winters, trees planted in the fall typically thrive. You can do a google search on fall planting in your state and get all kinds of information on it.

yep...tomorrow i am at the halfway point! i cant believe it.
big_smile.png

just think...after next month, we will be in the 3rd trimester!

th.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom