I cant believe its been a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
My 4 babies have weighed 9.9, 9.2, 9.5, 8.8... and I've never had gestational diabetes! The smallest one was my only girl, so if this little boy weighs less than 9 lbs I'll be very surprised. The sad thing is that big babies point towards future type 2 diabetes, which runs rampant in my family. Both of my parents have it now, as did their mothers, several of their sisters, etc.
sad.png

i am with you on the big babies thing...all of mine have been over 9 pounds except for one, and he was a few weeks early. i think its because of my sweet tooth more than anything
lol.png

i just had my glucose test, and the sweetness didnt even phase me, due to my horrible coke and dr pepper habit.

My first one was 8 lb 9 oz an I didn't have it. I can't imagine having a bigger baby that one was hard enough. I took the test today and man those 3rd and 4th needle pricks hurt. They said it was ashamed I had to take the 3 hr test since I only failed the first on by 3 points. They are going to call me with the results.
fl.gif
No Gestational Diabetes
fl.gif

Quote:
More then one needle?!
hit.gif
barnie.gif
AHHHH!!!!! I don't do needles. Im finally not having panic attacks around them. Now im scared again.

The first test is only one needle - better hope you pass it - Good luck
fl.gif

Quote:
More then one needle?!
hit.gif
barnie.gif
AHHHH!!!!! I don't do needles. Im finally not having panic attacks around them. Now im scared again.

The first test is only one needle - better hope you pass it - Good luck
fl.gif

Thanks! I just drink the stuff, wait a hour and get pricked right? I have to get it next week.

Robin'sBrood :

Quote:
That's right. Piece of cake... just don't look... you'll be fine.
hugs.gif

I hope so. Its the first time i won't have someone with me. Maybe a nice nurse could talk to me so im distracted.​

trust me when i say this...this test is NOTHING compared to what is coming. i used to be terrified of needles, pain, all of that but after the ordeal of labor and delivery, i am very much used to it all.

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

it will be ok though, its all for a good cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom