I can't believe there is a chicken forum. And I'm a member :/

Quote:
Heh. I am up by Chicago. We have 5 acres in the country and my husband works in The Loop in chicago. Worth the commute (especially since I'm not the one doing it)

Hello from California
cool.png

Only 10?
cool.png

Watch out for Chicken Math! I started with 5... Now when someone asks me how many chickens i have, I HEDGE! Uh, um, well, some are moving out soon...!

silver ameraucana baby

Quote:
It started already. *I* wanted 4- one for each person in the family. But my husband said that wasn't enough. Fine. Each kid can have two, we get one that makes 6. And yet, here I am with 10.

Chicks poop a lot.

Quote:
It started already. *I* wanted 4- one for each person in the family. But my husband said that wasn't enough. Fine. Each kid can have two, we get one that makes 6. And yet, here I am with 10.

Chicks poop a lot.

I ordered 6 Ameraucanas with a group of friends, got worried I wouldn't be able to keep them alive so bought 2 "practice" Speckled Sussex chicks at the Feed Store. Then ended up with eight AM's, not just six = 10 chicks. Plus my adult group... See, chicken math!

I found between 4-7 weeks they will become very curious and friendly if you hang out with them!

Chicks DO poop a lot!

Here's that same baby (and sister) at 10 weeks now... they are a hoot!
65263_10weeks_silver_duo.jpg

welcome-byc.gif
You will love your BO. Ours is so friendly - perfect for my 10 yr. old. She likes to carry her around and is hoping to show her at the fair in August.

Married to a wonderful handyman husband with 3 beautiful DD's and 4 silly chickens - 1 BO, 1 RIR, 1 Americauna, and 1 ?

Back
Top Bottom