i cant get my humidity up!

Well I have two hygrometers in my bator and they are both reading about 51 percent and I heard with a still air that it needs to be at least 58. I took out the plugs so many that will help. What do you think? I have the temp. right now and can't figure about this darn humidity!

While it is true that your humidity may go up with the plugs in you have to have the vents open. It is the surface area of the water, not the depth that makes a difference. Is there a way you can put shallow trays of water in there? I am not familar with that incubator. Also, I misted the inside of my incubator with warm water when I wanted the humidity to go up. I would mist through the vent holes. Some say that might not be a good idea, but it worked great for me. Once you get a pip you need to make sure the humidity doesn't drop.

Have you calibrated your hygrometers?

Good luck
fl.gif

If you haven't calibrated your hygrometers I'd take at least one of them out and do that right away. I know it seems odd, but just because they are both reading about the same does not mean that they are right. If you calibrate and it still reads low your best bet may be to raise the humidity in the room that the bator sits in. It's not a problem I have now in the rainy Pacific Northwest, but I know it can be a big issue in drier climates.

Back
Top Bottom