I can't get on BYC

IloveTravis

Songster
11 Years
Jul 27, 2008
I, for some reason, can not log on to BYC from my computer. After I log in, it tells me my log in was successful and forwards me to the index, but then it says I'm not logged in. Now I'm on an old vaio laptop with a broken shift key, and it's extremely frustrating :mad: But it seems to work on this computer. Any reason for this?
I can't post avatars or anything unless I can log in from my other computer
barnie.gif
What should I do?

Please help Travis - I've been waiting for my avatar!
wink.png

Seriously, Travis, try clearing out your cookies and the cache on your browser, then try it. Something must be stuck.....

r u using internet explorer or firsfox??? if its fire fox u go to the top.....tools....clear private data......then check ONLY cookies
big_smile.png

Quote:
And how might I go about doing that?
tongue.png
I'm computer dumb.

What browser are you using? In Firefox go to Tools/Clear Private Data. In IE it's under Tools/Internet Options. Clear both the cookies and your cache, either one could be causing your problems. Note that when you do this you'll lose the 'stay logged in' logins on any forums you belong to - you'll have to enter your user name and password again, that's all that means. Let me know what happens then.

My cookies are gone. I have no more cookies. I am cookieless. My sweet tooth remains unsatisfied.
In other words I deleted all my cookies.
And yet, I cannot log on. Any other suggestions?
hmm.png

ummmm...idk if all else fails, id make a new account and try that.....

Back
Top Bottom