Separate names with a comma.
Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions)
in our 2018
Coop Rating Project!
Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Henrietta23, Feb 12, 2009.
Is Pentacoop Proprietor the BYC equivalent of a 7th level Zen Master?
I just wanted to say "Hi!" from Sadieville, KY. I just registered this morning.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Don't have chickens yet but plan to order day-old babies this month. Am in research mode currently. This site is sooooo helpful.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? None yet but plan to start with 8 or 9 and see how it goes.
(3) What breeds do you have? Love the BIG birds - Jersey Giants, Cochins
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Yahoo
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? horses, sewing, reading, gardening
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am self-employed in our leather shop, have 2 cats, 3 dogs, 2 horses. I have a wonderful daughter who is a freshman in college and a fantastic husband (Superman!) of 20 years.
on the hill. Giants are great. Mount Healthy hatcheries in Cinncinatti have a very good strain of Black Jersey Giants. We butchered a rooster from Meyer hatchery Tuesday. It made enough for 5 people. Looked like a body builder rooster! It was 7 months-old. It takes a very big crockpot though. I love the temperment of the hens. I think they get friendlier as they get older.
So glad to have you here!
Quote:Not exactly!!! It's the name of my chicken/duck coop. It's a five sided structure built from an early 1980s green house kit. It's a zoo in there!