I cant seem to toss them.. Need reashurance please

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gabrielle1976, Mar 17, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    ok I have 4 small white eggs from across country that starting leaking a tiny bit of yellowish but clear stuff thru there shell . Some have little spots of this that have dried all over but one only had like one little spot of this stuff that had leaked out.[​IMG] Also do you think its odd that all four of the eggs that are leaking weeping whatever are all small white eggs? Three of them have movable air cells and small bubbles in the egg.

I also have a egg thats completly clear on candleing day 11.[​IMG]

I need to throw them out right? I need to get over wondering if they may have a chance and just chuck them ? [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  2. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    did you candle the leaky ones?? Did you see anything in them?? Curious?

3. needtohatch

needtohatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Hart Co
    If they are leaking then yes get them out before they explode! They could contaminate any other eggs.

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

The leaky ones for sure have got to go before they really make a mess of the rest of your eggs.

5. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    The ones that are leaking could have had small cracks in them. I would toss them before they start to stink. Plus the one that is clear should go too if it's day 11 and you see nothing then it time to toss.

6. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    DaisyChick

I did candle the leaky ones and they all had movable air cells and little air bubbles in them , They are only on day 3 , I cant see any sign of development but I dont think I would that early.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by