I cant stand it anymore!

KristaChickenWhisperer

Songster
11 Years
Sep 1, 2008
Lake Stevens, WA
Its day 18 for my five eggs and I called my mom and walked her through setting them up for the hatch. She did everything I told her too and now both of us are dieing with anticipation!!

Any tips for the first time hatcher on how to calm nerves? I am at college and cant head home until Friday (which IS day 21) and I cant focus on school work! haha!!

I feel really good about the eggs. Mom candled for the last time last night and all is so far so good!

I cant stand this waiting game haha!
barnie.gif

That's awesome! Congrats!! I was so excited when my mom and dad candled on day 7 to see the little black spots
smile.png
My dad took pictures each time they candled and it was amazing to see the little embryos grow each week!!
big_smile.png

Congrats! I just had my 1st hatch Sunday night. Here is a GREAT tip for any newbies.......don't keep your incubator in your bedroom!
lol.png
I did and when my eggs started hatching and peeping at 2 am it was soooooo loud! We had to put it out in the living room....it was so funny!

Quote:
Haha mine IS in my bedroom but luckily I am away at college!! I am actually making my mom sleep in my room so she can wake up and take pictures if she hears anything!!
lau.gif

I am going home for a visit this weekend just to watch the hatch!!

I'm on day 18 too, and it's TORTURE isn't it? Nothing has pipped, but there's one egg that has a little feather jutting out of it. How weird is that?

This is the weird thing. It IS a feather, or at least a piece of down (if I'm getting terminology wrong--which is very likely) . Just poking out the side. At first I thought it was a really long piece of lint. Strange huh?

Update on me:

Well I failed a math test...which is no surprise seeing Math and I aren't best friends in the first place...but I just cant seem to get myself to focus on any of my school work!

I have a speech to give tomorrow and I have chosen to give it on my experience in incubating eggs!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
It would be down. Which means it pipped. Or craked somehow. Otherwise, there'd be no hole for the down to poke out of. Unless it's something stuck to the outside of the shell and just looks like it's poking through.

Did it hatch? Or is it too early, still?

Back
Top Bottom