I can't take it anymore!!! UPDATE!

Take an egg from the other coop and place it in one of your nesting boxes. This solves two problems depending on your level of suspended reality- it looks like your hens are producing, and it may give them ideas!
lol.png

I only get three a day...
big_smile.png

I remember the wait being so long for that first one, but frankly, the wait for a second pullet to start seemed even longer. Took about 1.5mos before I had a second one start laying. My kids had to draw straws to see who got to have an egg with breakfast.

Does anyone have a picture of what you mean by "red" combs and wattles? Want to get an idea of how red is red - ours are sorta red, but is it red enough? Am I just wishing them red?
roll.png
Thanks!

Jennspeeps, I feel your pain. My 15 girls are stubbornly refusing to lay, even though they are 22 weeks old, red in the face and the roosters have been doing the deed with them for weeks. I even spent a great deal of time and energy, not to mention money, to build them a swell new nestbox house. Do you think any of the little ingrates will lay anything? Nope. Not an egg anywhere. Hateful little birds. And then I come on here and all the smug egg laying chicken owners are touting their daily arrivals. Sigh... it's enough to make a girl crazy.

But HA! You and I can market our chickens as egg-less chickens, completely egg- cholesterol free. Forget organic. Ours are heart healthy!
smile.png

Try holding them and squeezing them tightly and see if anything pops out. lol I know exactly how you feel I have several that I'm waiting on as well.

Back
Top Bottom