i cant tell if i have a male are female duck

annette910

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 26, 2013
i have 3 white ducks my female is small and my male is bigger he has a red crown on his head i just got another duck and pure white but big i notice he are she stays to his self my other
2 mate and i seen my male pull on the other one feathers and the male will chase him he runs so i cant tell if its a male are female and all my ducks feathers look the same the new one quicks but its low but its not deep are raspy

Welcome to the Duck Forum!

Are these Muscovies? The other domestic ducks - once adult - can be told apart by the voices (girls loud, boys quietly raspy) and the drakes have a few curled tail feathers.

But Muscovies are different, and since I have none, I will let a 'scovy person answer for them.

these are perkin ducks i'm a little confused on this because i was at a lady house she had a couple of ducks and she said they was females but the quick was deep quicks so i cant tell the differnts

welcome-byc.gif

Here's a video I took and you can hear the quack difference.

There are two hens at the water's edge and hard to see but you can DEFINITELY hear the at the start of the video.
The hens are just to the left of the dock right at waters edge.
Then from the right comes in a drake to greet them and you can hear his much more raspy/croaky quack as the hens start "clucking" a greeting back to him.

Can you hear the difference?

Back
Top Bottom