I caught a raccoon & another & another ***GRAPHIC PICS*** pic heavy

Quote:

LOL... Flamethrower. Kinda hard on your yard, but I understand.
tongue.png

Wow, well said everybody!
I have myself, come face to face with a distempered coon. Not pretty. Broad daylight climbs into the large fenced chicken yard from a tree, I imagine. Chickens just standing around staring, from a distance. It was moving almost as slow as a sloth. Weird. Felt real bad for it. So I shot it with crossbow, putting it out of its misery. Called the authorities who told me to bury it on our property. I'm glad that coon is dead. What if we weren't home & that coon spread disease to my birds? Oye!

I think we have pretty much justified our positions here about doing in coons & preds. Loved all your input, btw! If anyone comes on again talking about cruelty, lets just say read previous posts & ignore these folks. They just don't get it. Just my 2 cents.

Wow, well said everybody!
I have myself, come face to face with a distempered coon. Not pretty. Broad daylight climbs into the large fenced chicken yard from a tree, I imagine. Chickens just standing around staring, from a distance. It was moving almost as slow as a sloth. Weird. Felt real bad for it. So I shot it with crossbow, putting it out of its misery. Called the authorities who told me to bury it on our property. I'm glad that coon is dead. What if we weren't home & that coon spread disease to my birds? Oye!

I think we have pretty much justified our positions here about doing in coons & preds. Loved all your input, btw! If anyone comes on again talking about cruelty, lets just say read previous posts & ignore these folks. They just don't get it. Just my 2 cents.

X2

Last edited:
*That being said, please do not gloat or suggest torturous ways of killing for pleasure or indeed, post in such a way that your predator control can be construed as pleasure killing instead of simply taking care of a problem.......
Well, if y'all can be absolutely honest..... there has been more than a bit of gloating on this thread.

Let me add that I am all for trapping and killing predators....and I gloat about it too, but not here.

My middle daughter walked into the living room Thursday night and gasped "There's a raccoon on the patio!". We hadn't seen any coons around the place and haven't lost any chickens but this coon was quite brazen and continued to forage around the patio even after I smacked the glass right next to it. All the same, we went and purchased a new Duke's DP the next day($18 at our local Bucheit store). We set it up on Friday afternoon using marshmallows drizzled with melted honey, vanilla, peanut butter and maple syrup melted together in the microwave. This morning we had our coon. One well placed shot with a .22CB round and into a trash bag it went. I like the Dukes DPs because they can be set and left in areas without worrying about catching "extra" animals. As any good chicken owner knows, a dead coon is a good coon. I may post some pics after church today.

I haven't had to kill them...anyway not myself...my neighbor takes care of them, I'm not sure if he relocates them or what...
I believe those that find the "GLOATING" offensive haven't been through the massacre that some of us have...they learn to hate them!!

Back
Top Bottom