I Corrected the Great Jack Hanna.. Hope He Isn't Mad! * Got a Reply*

No, I have enough to do, LOL. I like Jack Hanna. I think he just fell into that very common trap, but with his position of being an animal educator, I feel he should set an example and use the proper terminology.

Quote:
It will be interesting what you get for a response, more than likely it will come from some worker, because if they tried to explain it to Jack Hanna it would just confuse him. I think they have to tell him the difference between a lion and tiger before he goes on the air. The animals he uses when he is on the talk shows are usually from private owners, yet publicly he condemn's private ownership!

That is too funny
lol.png
I have seen toy ducks that are mallard drake coloured, and when squeezed it quacks like a female
roll.png
so inacurrate
tongue.png
Also I told a friend of mine that I hatched out some peachicks, and her response was.... wow what are they, I had to say baby peacocks
barnie.gif
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh, yes, I have those AUGHHHH! moments, too. Who "dusts" their furniture? Not me! It's already GOT dust on it; why would I want to add more??

And then there's the common and classless manner some folks have of saying "take a pee." (Or a poop, however labeled.) Ewwww. Whyever would you want to TAKE some?? Wouldn't you rather LEAVE some?

I recently taught my contractor the correct term for a specific appliance is "water heater." Not a "hot water heater." If it's hot already, why heat it? It's a water heater! If you have to be really specific, it would be called a COLD water heater, right?

And "tuna fish," as in "I made a tuna fish sandwich." Tuna IS a fish! You don't say "mayonnaise spread" or "coffee beverage" or "hamburger cow" or "apple fruit" .... etc..

Back to the original topic, though: I hope Jack Hanna or his producer/crew/whomever does respond to the correction. Humph.

Quote:
Oh, yes, I have those AUGHHHH! moments, too. Who "dusts" their furniture? Not me! It's already GOT dust on it; why would I want to add more??

And then there's the common and classless manner some folks have of saying "take a pee." (Or a poop, however labeled.) Ewwww. Whyever would you want to TAKE some?? Wouldn't you rather LEAVE some?

I recently taught my contractor the correct term for a specific appliance is "water heater." Not a "hot water heater." If it's hot already, why heat it? It's a water heater! If you have to be really specific, it would be called a COLD water heater, right?

And "tuna fish," as in "I made a tuna fish sandwich." Tuna IS a fish! You don't say "mayonnaise spread" or "coffee beverage" or "hamburger cow" or "apple fruit" .... etc..

Back to the original topic, though: I hope Jack Hanna or his producer/crew/whomever does respond to the correction. Humph.

yuckyuck.gif
LOVE IT!!!

Sometimes, I have to ask: Why ask why? Good ones, Linda! I have to catch myself to break habits I grew up with like the "hot water heater" thing. They are so ingrained, but then you hear yourself say them and go ACK! Why did I say that?!

Back
Top Bottom