I Could Use Some Help With Door Designs in the Run

That would work well for the door framing. Cover with HC using fender washer's and screws or sandwich the HC between the doorframe and some additional 1xs.

Thank you! I'm running out to start cutting.
I've got to get all my cuts done before the rain comes so I can carry that beast of a compound miter saw into the shed.

Hopefully screwed together as well, then maybe I can get some mowing done before noon...

I may be hoping for too much. LOL

I made the chicken door first to see how it went.
I went for 45s and, sadly, saw a little splitting because I didn't predrill.
It is not attached as yet because I've not put up the wire.

IMG_20230512_114515034_HDR.jpg

I put a filler board at the bottom that will hold the rest of the latch, but there is a 3/16" gap I will need to deal with.

IMG_20230512_114522690 (1).jpg

Then I did the big door.
Very heavy. Hopefully, it will lose half its weight after it dries out.
I made the door 29"x 60" so it will sit on top of the frame.
The hinges I bought will not work. I've got to figure something out.

The bottom layer is mitered to 45 again, but that weakness makes me nervous.

So the top layer is all cut out so I can put my equipment away before the rain, but I won't put it together until I get the wire.

IMG_20230512_114427349.jpg

I am hoping that the long diagonal will be the magic bullet that slays gravity, or at least wounds it severely.

IMG_20230512_114457246_HDR.jpg

I will also put a support board below it to keep the weight off the upright. I'm thinking of adding a double joist.

Because I just figured it out as I went, I know I did not build as efficiently as I'd hoped. I had really tried to find someone who had already done it and go from their plans, but I couldn't find one.

IMG_20230512_114505074_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom